Here’s what I learnt about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 on my Asus U36JC (even though the Asus Support website says it hasn’t been tested):
- It all works! 🙂 (Except for the bluetooth module)
- At the start of the upgrade I had to uninstall the Atheros WLAN Bluetooth Client Application (and drivers) because the Windows 8 upgrade program said it was incompatible. I did uninstall it and proceeded with the upgrade.
- I used the Ethernet connection in the interim.
- After the upgrade the wireless drivers didn’t install at first. I tried installing drivers in compatibility mode but no luck.
- After doing a Windows Update, the WLAN drivers worked.
- Bluetooth still not functional, which I don’t really need.
And, Windows 8 is pretty cool!