I bought an XBee USB Adaptor (looks exactly this one but I bought from eBay) with an FTDI chip for USB to Serial comms and I noticed that the RX & TX lights are reversed. Don’t worry it can be fixed 🙂
- Download the “FT_Prog” program from here.
- Extract and install it
- Connect your FTDI board to your PC
- Run FT_Prog
- From the FT_Pro window, click on “Devices” and then “Scan and Parse”
- Go this:
- Notice C0 & C1 has RXLED# & TXLED# (your setup might be the other way), swap them around.
- Click on “Devices” and then “Program”. This will bring up a new window.
- Click the “Program” button. It only takes a few seconds. It will provide a success message at the bottom of the window. Don’t ask me what to do if it shows an error message (sorry!).
- Press “Close” and close FT_Prog.
- Unplug the board from your PC and plug it back in.
- Voila! 🙂
NOTE: Each time you flash the FTDI, the port number changes and the serial number.