When you’re trying to download Cisco Packet Tracer, you’ll notice it says “Ubuntu 14.04” only. Well it works on 16.04 LTS as well with a little addition.
Here are all the steps to installing Cisco Packet Tracer:
- Download the Ubuntu version of Cisco Packet Tracer
- Extract and run “install” script
- If you run packettracer now it will say “Starting…” but it won’t actually run.
- You need to download this package, libicu52_52.1-3ubuntu0.8_amd64.deb. If you google that you’ll find various mirrors. I found it here: http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/i/icu/libicu52_52.1-3ubuntu0.8_amd64.deb
- Install it via “sudo dpkg -i libicu52_52.1-3ubuntu0.8_amd64.deb”
- Run packettracer from terminal